Alan's Mystical Musings

Random thoughts and commentary of a SF, Fantasy, and Horror geek.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Why PublishAmerica Sucks Eggs: Intro

I know I haven't blogged for about two months. How terrible. :) It's because AW came back and summer break came along, and then I started writing a lot. Which is a very good thing indeed.

So without further ado, I present to you a series of posts about... yep, you guessed it... PublishAmerica!

*yawn*

Never heard of them? Neither did I, until the story of Atlanta Nights was revealed. Then I became all too familiar with them. If I hadn't read the Making Light post about Atlanta Nights, I never would have become as active online in writing-related forums and blogs as I am now. But anyway, I read Atlanta Nights in PDF-format, laughed my ass off at its awfulness (I was only 13 when that happened, just for the record), and then knew that PublishAmerica (PA) was a vanity press and author mill that accepted almost anything.

To all the other new writers out there wondering, who are they ("they" meaning the three people who run PublishAmerica) really, and why do they suck so much?:

That's what this series of posts is intended to answer.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Dama Negra said...

Uh... maybe it's an english thing, but what IS your definition of 'series of posts'? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home